Residents in South Werrington and North Gunthorpe are being reminded that if they live in privately-owned or rented homes and have an annual household income of below £26,000, they are entitled to apply for funding and help through the Winter Warmth Partnership!
Commenting, local LIB DEM ward councillor Darren Fower said:
“The scheme aims to help people stay warm during the winter months, has been funded, for the second year in a row, by the Department of Health’s Warm Homes Healthy People Fund.
“Last year, it helped more than 400 people access services and benefits available, and saved lives by preventing carbon monoxide poisoning in at least five homes. It also helps to keep Peterborough’s Care and Repair Home Improvement Agency’s services going, so they can provide free boiler and gas fire servicing and repairs and draught proofing to keep homes warm and safe.
“Quite, simply if your income is less than £26k then you should look to apply!”
The main aims are to:
- Raise awareness of the impact of cold homes on health and wellbeing, and the services which can support vulnerable people in winter months
- Provide advice and information for people at partners’ centres and charity shops, and through home visits, delivered by staff and volunteers
- Extend Peterborough’s Care and Repair Home Improvement Agency’s services to provide free boiler and gas fire servicing and repairs and draught proofing to keep homes warm and safe
- Provide visits from Care and Repair and Winter Warmth Advisor to deliver advice on the importance of keeping warm, how to set heating controls to maximise warmth and efficiency, energy efficiency, and identify any problems with paying bills linking to other services
- Provide heater loans and shopping trips to vulnerable older people in cold snaps, to reduce exposure to cold weather outdoors, and risk of falls
- A special Winter Warmth hotline has been set up on 01733 863860 (Monday to Friday, 9am-5pm). Trained advisors are on hand to offer advice and arrange home visits for those who need one-to-one support.
To find out more or to apply please telephone 01733 863860 (Monday to Friday, 9am-5pm) or CLICK HERE!