What’s this to do with?
The Tory Government is considering bringing back grammar schools. They’ve confirmed that such reforms could include allowing Free Schools to introduce academic selection.
I ran a poll….
I ran a Twitter poll and 73% of respondents said that they thought the idea was not a good one.
What does Darren think?
Last year, the Liberal Democrats passed a motion on the issue of grammar schools.
I’m glad to say that they agreed to:
- Reiterate our opposition to the expansion of grammar schools.
- Call on the government to abandon the selection by ability and social separation of young people, into different schools.
- Reject any change to free schools to enable them to select on the basis of academic ability.
- Call on the Government to respect the spirit of existing legislation on Grammar Schools and not seek to use loopholes within it to create effectively new grammar schools under the pre-text of expansion.
- Call on the government to do more to cater for all young people according to individual aptitudes and abilities.
- If you’ve found this article interesting, then please click/touch this link and let your Twitter followers know – http://ctt.ec/qXu2g
- Also, if you have a comment on this article, then please do post it below!